Skip to main content

Is there any way to export Lucid charts (swim lanes) in native Lucid format so I can supply copies to my client and they can update the chart in future if required. The client doesn’t currently use Lucid and may not need to update the charts, but I need to give them copies that they can import and update if necessary. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi @MarkJ,

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! You can publish the document by following the steps in this Help Center article, this will allow your client to view the document without a Lucidchart account.  If they would like direct editing access, I recommend doing one of the following: 

1. Export the file as a Visio file or CSV -- the user can reimport this file into Lucidchart if they would like to edit it. However, they won’t be able to view the file without using Lucidchart or another diagraming software.
  2. Share the document by adding you client as a collaborator or with a shareable link. This would require the client to create a Lucidchart account if the don’t have one, but they can edit and export as needed.