Skip to main content

Hi!  I'm new to Lucidchart and am looking for a way to =SUM numerical values within particular flowchart fields.  I would also like for the calculations to automatically change as fields are updated.  I looked into Importing Data from csv (where calculations are already made) but it doesn't meet the visual aspects that my company prefers.  I also looked into Smart Containers to see if that would be a solution but honestly am confused by how the basics of those work.  Is there a way to do these tasks and if so is there a basic tutorial on how to do so?  Thanks! 

Hello Jessica

Thanks for posting in the Community! It is possible to put formulas into shapes using conditional formatting! Although it won't be exactly like Excel formatting there is a way to track progress with formulas smart containers and dynamic shapes. Here is an article that goes more into depth about conditional formatting and icon sets and here is an article that discusses how to use those formulas. Please let me know if this is not what you're looking for or if you need more help with any of this and I'd be happy to assist!

Thank you!  I'll check out conditional formatting and see if I can get it to work! 

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 Jumping in here to share about Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!