Skip to main content

I've been using Lucid for several years now and I swear that in that time I have always been able to scroll up and down in a document just using my mouse wheel. To scroll left/right I have to hold the 'shift' key and to zoom in and out I had to hold the 'control' key (Mac).

But as of just today it seems the mouse wheel only zooms in and out and I can't figure out how to simply scroll up and down in a document! I'm not talking about dragging the whole canvas; I just mean scrolling up and down. All the help articles say the mouse wheel zooms but I really feel like that hasn't always been the case. 

Regardless of if I'm going crazy though I can't figure out a way to just scroll up/down. Some things I've tried that didn't work are; holding the 'space bar' while scrolling; pressing down on the mouse wheel (that just acts the same as the right click). Even trying to scroll up and down using two fingers on my track pad behaves strangely like it can't decide whether it is zooming or scrolling. So none of that worked but holding 'shift' while scrolling still allows me to scroll left/right. 

Hey Lisa

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! You may want to check your Navigation Mode preference by clicking View > Navigation Mode and ensure this is set to Mouse. 

If this doesn't help or you have any other questions please let me know!

Hi Phillip thanks for the speedy response!!

That did work..... but kind of in the opposite way? Having it set to 'mouse' keeps the wheel as a zoom function. But if I set it to 'trackpad' then the mouse wheel goes back to just scrolling up and down. But either way I'm glad it's back to 'normal'.

Thank you!

Hey Lisa

Happy the hear that worked -- please let me know if you have any other questions! Cheers 🍻

This doesn’t help me. It doesn’t do anything, just makes it harder to navigate.

Hi @Lucid_User1004, thank you for continuing this thread. Would you mind sharing a brief description of the issue you’re experiencing? This will help us take a closer look and share recommendations to help with your use-case!

shift+scroll wheel will scroll left and right
shift+crl+scroll wheel will scroll up and down