Skip to main content

Hotspots in Presentations

I created a diagram with hotspots. Once in presentation mode either all layers show at once or none all. Also  the hotspots no longer work when in presentation mode. 

Hi Tawanna

Thanks for posting in the community. If you use the show/no show button on each layer then click "Sync Visibility" the layers that are showing will then appear in presentation mode or in a downloaded PDF. If your hotspots aren't working or your sync visibility is not working could you please report the problem and include the document URL here?

Hi Kristy

I have the same issue and no clue how to get this presentation mode to work with hotspots and layers which are initially made invisible. It is also not clear what this "Sync visibility" link should do and why its needed?

When I create a page add several boxes move each box to an individual layer make all except the first box invisible and put a hotspot on the first box to make the first layer (2nd box) appear in presentation mode it 1) shows all the boxes (although they should be invisible at start) and 2) the hotspot has no effect (well the first layer is already shown anyway).

Can you shed some light on how to use presentation mode with layers and hotspots? What I intend to do is to make a presentation where I partially reveal box by box by clicking on hotspots.

Thanks.

Hi Patrick

Thanks for reaching out. If you alter the visibility of a layer you need to tell the system that you would like this to become the new default view for the document and you do this using the Sync Visibility button. If Sync Visibility is blue it indicates that the visibility settings of your layers have not been pushed to published or future downloaded/presented versions of your document. Click Sync Visibility to apply your visibility settings to all document versions. The button will turn grey when the settings are synced.

So for your example you will need to make all of the boxes except the first one invisible then click Sync Visibility then run the rest of your flow as described. If after doing the Sync Visibility step you still are encountering this issue please let me know. Hope this helps!

I have somehow the same problem. I have created layers by hotspot but I can't download the layers or see them in the presentation mode. Can you please let me know how to download the layers?

Hi there

Thanks for reaching out in the community. Please make sure that you click the "Sync Visibility button" to tell the system the new default for your layer settings. If you have done this and the hotspots are still not functioning correctly in presentation mode please fill out this form and include the URL to the document. We will then help you resolve the issue via email correspondence. 

I can't see any buttons or icons for showing layers while within the presentation mode. I seem to need to come out of presentation select a different layer and then return to presentation. How do you select layers while in presentation?

Hi Matt

Thanks for reaching out in the community. If you would like to show different layers while within presentation mode you will need to include hotspots within your diagram to toggle the layers on and off. To learn how to do this please read through this help center article. If you have additional questions please feel free to reach out.