Skip to main content

Hi Lucid chart comunity

I am making an org chart from scratch as i havent done a csv file to import yet. The default options of the design icon only allow me to select default fields to appear in each employee (employee id name supervisor id role etc.) I want to add custom fields to appear like gender base salary variable salary and total salary how can i add these custom new fields so that i can turn the on and off and include that data in every employee box? Or is there a template from the org chart options that includes org charts with salary information? 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for your question! To add custom fields to all employees in your org chart simply double click on any employee in your org chart to enter org chart editing mode. Note that if you click on your org chart again you then will be editing a specific employee and your changes will affect only that selected one. After entering org chart editing mode choose the Layout tab from the right panel and locate Employee Fields. There you can click on the + in the upper right corner to create a new custom field. 

From there name your custom field accordingly. I recommend opening the More Options menu and choosing the "Show Label" option so that it appears on each employee tile.

Finally check the box next to your newly-created custom field to apply it to all employee shapes! You can repeat this process for as many custom fields as you need. 

From here you can then manually enter these values for each employee as needed. Please take a look at our Org Charts article from the Lucidchart Help Center for additional information on customizing your org chart and post any additional questions below!

Be the first to reply!