Skip to main content

Welcome to Lucid! We’re excited you’ve made the choice to migrate to Lucidspark and we’re here to help make the transition as smooth as possible. Use this thread as a place to review frequently asked questions and post your own questions to get support.

Solutions to common issues 

How do I resolve an error during a JPEG, PNG, SVG import?

If you tried using the PDF board import tool in Lucid to import a JPEG, PNG, SVG, or non-vector PDF, the board import will fail. To resolve, re-export your Miro board as a vector PDF of the document and try importing again. 

How do I import a vector-PDF of a multi-page Miro board?

Importing multiple-page PDFs into Lucidspark is not supported. To resolve, go back to Miro and re-export a Vector PDF of the document. You can follow a detailed walkthrough in our Migrating from Miro to Lucidspark guide.

How do I import boards with a lot of content?

PDFs over 400MB are not supported. To resolve this issue, re-export your Miro board as a Vector PDF and select fewer elements on the board during the export process. To ensure your document is within the size limit, refer to the document size in your computer's file explorer once you have exported the Miro board.

Why didn't my diagramming components migrate?

The migration tools cannot import content such as ERD, BPMN, or UML diagrams. You can use the Universal Canvas to edit your document in Lucidchart and add advanced diagramming components.

My images didn't come over when I pasted content. What happened?

Images, gifs, and stickers do not migrate using the copy and paste method. We recommend importing images using the PDF import option.

Tip: For a detailed walkthrough of solutions to common issues, check out our Migrating from Miro to Lucidspark guide.

Adjust visual fidelity after import

Can I edit my documents once they are migrated?

Yes. Your documents import as fully-functioning Lucidspark boards so you can edit any of the content on the board. This is not applicable if you insert your content as a static image.

How much manual adjustment will I need to do after a migration?

Expect to adjust about 20%-30% of the content from the migration.

How do I fix fidelity issues with Kanbans?

Kanbans are migrated as a Dynamic Matrix - these are similar to tables in Miro. Row and column headers will migrate from Miro to Lucid into the Danmic matrix and can be manipulated by double-clicking and updating the text. Objects within the Kanban (such as Lucid cards) can be moved around and snapped to the matrix when it highlights blue

How do I fix fidelity issues with tables?

Tables can be edited by using the editor tools that appear when clicking on the table or a table’s cell. To get objects to embed within a Lucidspark table, convert it to a Dynamic Table. To see the steps, see our Add a Dynamic Table to a board article in the Lucid Help Center.

How do I fix fidelity issues with text and font?

Not all text sizes and fonts migrate 1:1 from Miro to Lucid. To edit text font, size, and color, alignment, etc., highlight text and use the text editor on the screen

If text spills over on imported content, resize the text box by clicking into the text box and altering it to fit the object(s). If this doesn't fix the issue, double-click the text and use the text editor to alter text size. Learn more about how to Add and style text in Lucidspark in our help center article.

Migrate multiple documents or boards with a lot of content

How long does it take to import boards through the Board Import tool?

Document import time varies based on the size of documents you import and the number of documents you import. Importing large documents (not exceeding 400MB) or importing more than 10 documents at a time typically takes longer to import. 

How do I import multiple PDFs into one board?

After you export a large board into multiple vector PDFs, you need to import them one at a time into separate Lucidspark boards. After import, you can combine them into one document by copying and pasting content from one document in Lucidspark into another.

Keep in mind, non-vector multi-page PDFs cannot be imported using the PDF Import tool. Make sure you have exported a vector PDF from Miro before beginning the migration into Lucidspark.

Import my content from Lucidspark to Lucidchart

Can I import my Miro boards into Lucidchart?

Yes. To import content from Miro into Lucidchart, use the copy and paste method. Importing PDFs into Lucidchart is not supported.

Can I import my content into Lucidchart after it’s been imported into Lucidspark?

Yes. To see the steps, check out our Import and export within Lucid article.

More resources

If you didn’t find an answer to your question in this post, reply in the thread below and we’re happy to help.

You can also use the following resources:

Be the first to reply!