Skip to main content

Hello 

I am hoping someone can help troubleshoot some freehand drawing issues I am having with LucidSpark. 

I started my project in LucidChart. The initial upload to my project was a diagram made in OmniGraffle by a coworker. I am now annotating that diagram in LucidChart. There are a few places where I need to incorporate arrows but the areas are so small that the pre-populated arrows in LucidChart do not work which is why I then opened this same project in LucidSpark since it features a freehand drawing tool.

However whenever I use the freehand drawing tool on the project in LucidChart the freehand drawing item moves behind the diagram instead of sitting on top (or in front) of the diagram.

I have tried using the "arrange" option i.e. bringing the drawing to the front and sending the diagram to the back but this does not work. The freehand drawn arrow still ends up behind the diagram.

I have also tried searching to see if LucidSpark has an option to create layers for the diagram like LucidChart does but LucidSpark doesn't seem to have this feature either which is why I am left stumped. I don't know what else to do to get the freehand drawn arrows to sit on top of my diagram. 

Can anyone assist?

Thanks so much! 

-Danielle A

Hello Danielle A

It sounds like you're experiencing some challenges while annotating your project and I'd be glad to help troubleshoot the situation.

It's unfortunate that the freehand drawing items are ending up behind the diagram instead of on top as you intend. While LucidSpark might not have the exact layering functionality you're used to in LucidChart there are a few alternative approaches you can consider:

1. Adjusting Stroke Width: Experiment with increasing the stroke width of your freehand drawings. This could make them more visible and potentially allow them to show on top of the diagram.

2. Export and Overlay: If the diagram is a critical element and you're unable to resolve the layering issue consider exporting your annotated LucidSpark project as an image. Then you can use image editing software (like Adobe Photoshop or even PowerPoint) to overlay your freehand drawings onto the diagram.

3. Break Down Elements: If the areas for arrows are too small try breaking down the diagram into smaller components. You can then annotate these components individually allowing you to better control the layering of your freehand drawings.

4. Contact Support: If you've exhausted your options and are still facing issues consider reaching out to Lucid support. They might provide insights or offer suggestions to overcome the challenge you're facing.

hope this helps