Skip to main content

It is taking me 3 times longer to do anything in this software than it does in mspaint and i wouldnt use it if it was not mandated by my company. How do i disable all crazy line behaviour such that it doesnt snap and doesnt turn into a snake-like series of mini-lines every time i move an object? i dont want any of the objects changing their shape or their behaviour when i move something. Simply disabling snap does not seem to change this auto arrange /auto change line behaviour.

Hi Cormac 

Thanks for posting in the community. 

You can disable automatic line connections by toggling Line Connections off in File > Page Settings > Line Settings. Clicking on this will stop lines from automatically making connections. However if you want lines to function as before you will need to toggle it back on. 

Cheers Nico thanks for the quick response.

Best regards

Cormac

I'm seconding Cormac's complaint... real annoying trying to induce how to turn this off. 

Maybe add a line control palette? Lines are kind of important for diagramming...

Hi Russell

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Unfortunately we do not have a line control palette however we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

We appreciate any suggestions and look forward to seeing your ideas in the future. Cheers!

It also helps to turn off "Snap to Grid" underneath "Grid" in the Page Settings

@scott z102 Great tip Scott! Thank you for contributing.