Skip to main content

I have a process map that I've selected a theme for that includes frameless squares. Everything is already colour coded and took quite some time to do. I have 3 processes that I want to group together by placing them side-by-side but they're the same colour because they fall under the same category so I wanted to add a small frame around just these shapes but since frames don't follow the design of the template I chose it won't let me add a frame to just those three shapes. Is there a way to add exception-shapes to a sheet with a template? This is very frustrating!

Hi Michelle

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds like a document specific problem so I will be moving your request to a support ticket for one-on-one troubleshooting. Please keep an eye out for an email from Lucidchart Support.

Due to the specificity of this issue if any other users are encountering this please fill out this form. Thanks!

If anyone else encounters this problem keep in mind that some templates and themes not only set default colors but also set the line width to 0px! If you want to change the styling of certain shapes you will also need to to increase the line width in order for any changes in the line color to show.