Skip to main content

Creating a new entity relationship (or end point)

• 9 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi there I would like to create a custom 'end point' to lines as they connect to boxes (or what lucid chart seems to be calling 'entity relationships'). As far as I can tell it is possible to create a custom end-point (what I need is a small 'T') but the only way to create one is by importing it from Microsoft Visio or another similar kind of software. But I don't have similar software; indeed the whole point of my getting the pro account of Lucid Chart was to avoid getting Microsoft Visio or something expensive like that. So I'm curious if someone could help me out with this. Is there another way to create a custom end-point?

Thanks

Clay

Hi Clay

Thanks for posting in the community! Does the endpoint in the screenshot below work for your use case? If not you could also create this endpoint manually by grouping together individual lines and adding the product to your custom shape library (right click add to custom shape library). Hope this helps!

Hello Tate

Thank you for your response but hmm it's still not working for me. The one you circled is close but not exact. What I'm trying to make is an end point where the right half of the line (on the right side of the short vertical line) is not there. It would look like    [box]-----| [box]    (and notice the space: after the vertical bit the line doesn't actually continue to touch the box).

I did try and make one myself. I put two lines together to create a 'T' and dragged it into the shape library and it does show up there but it doesn't show up among the list of available options for an end-point for lines. And that's where I really need it. How does one get the new custom shape to be available as an end-point for lines?

I know this is a very particular query but if you think it could be done I'm still curious thanks!

Best

Clay

Hi Clay

Thanks for your feedback! Currently there is not a way to do this but we are constantly looking for ways to improve. Would you mind submitting your idea via our feature request form? Suggestions submitted via this form are passed directly to our product development team for their consideration.