Skip to main content
Solved

Copy/Paste unavailable for gradient colored objects

• 29 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I built a roadmap table and decided to add gradient color to demonstrate the uncertainty that happens over time in any strategy. However, when I go to copy this object - it doesn’t go through to the clipboard. I can duplicate the object but that doesn’t help me transfer to a new page. When I change the object color back to solid I can now copy/paste just fine. Wonder if this is something else people have encountered or if its something else?

Browser: Chrome, open session (not private or incognito)
VPN: No 

Update - copy/paste appears to be restricted to only solid colors at this time. 

@RMSeitz thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! You should be able to copy and paste shapes with a gradient fill, could you share a few more details about what you’re experiencing? Please share the following information:

• A screenshot of the shape.
  • The name of shape(s) you are using and their associated libraries.
  • A screen recording of the issue (if possible).

I appreciate your help and patience!

An important distinction now that you mention it, this is a table not a shape. Not from a specific library as far as I know. Let me know if that changes anything before I add additional details. I have a feeling that changes the feedback here. 

@RMSeitz thanks for getting back to me with that additional information. I believe you have identified a bug, and I have reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix. Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

Thanks for the confirmation!