Skip to main content
Solved

Comment Markings Won't Go Away

Hi All, 

I recently copied my entire Lucid workbook and now have very strange comment markings that appear on every single page and I can’t delete them or even touch them. They’re more annoying than anything. Does anyone know how to get rid of them? 

These are the exact same on every page

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Plative Bennett 

Can you please navigate to document settings and disable show comments as shown below - which will solve the issue.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply!

That works, but I do want to see comments. The issue is, these don’t seem to be actual comments. They appear now on every page and I can’t click on them or do anything with them. The other active comments are still working, but these just won’t go away now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Plative Bennett - Thanks for the recent outcome and which clears the situation as well, since you have copied entire Lucid workbook, this is just an unknow error / technical push which is causing appearance of the graphical interface of comment element in form of screenshot getting generated while transitioning from the source workbook.

Badge +1

Thanks! Is there anything to do about it? I don’t think I noticed this in the copied versions, so when I present to the client, do I just need to make one more copy? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Plative Bennett - Good to know the copied version is free of issues.

Making another copy is a smart move, enabling us to monitor and quickly identify any technical problems that might occur.

Best Regards

Badge

I’m seeing the same bug too today. I don’t think this exists before when I was updating the same chart last week. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @sharonkice 

Thanks for the update, Lets take it to the internal team to take a look.

Hi @Leianne C - Could you please take a look at into this situation.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @sharonkice, thanks for adding to this thread! Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

@Humas1985, thanks for all of your help here! 

Badge

@Humas1985 @Amelia W I’m having the same issue. I have a document with multiple tabs, and (almost) every tab in the document shows the icons for comments across the combined tabs (even if there are no comments made on that specific tab). And I can only click to view a comment if I’m on the correct tab. So I need to hover over every icon, on every tab, just to see if there's a relevant comment to view. See screenshots below of two different tabs from the same document. One tab only has one comment for that tab, and the other tab doesn’t have any comments made in that tab.

Note: It seems that the issue is only happening in tabs that I created by DUPLICATING, instead of creating a new tab and then copying and pasting content across. If this is the case, then this is a very annoying bug and effectively makes the “duplicate tab” feature unusable. All the comments were made AFTER I’d duplicated all the applicable tabs.

Only one of the comments was actually made in this tab of the document

A different tab, with NO comments actually made in that tab. Note the comment icons in both tabs appear in exactly the same places.

Third tab screenshot: one that I “created new” instead of duplicating an existing one. There are no comment icons in this tab.

Badge

@Humas1985 @Amelia W CORRECTION: ALL tabs are showing all the comments icons, regardless of whether I created them new or duplicated them. I hadn’t zoomed out enough on the “new” tabs to see the comments icons in a different part of the screen (see screenshot below)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Brian UX design, thanks for adding to this thread! You have identified a bug, and I have reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix. Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi all! Good news! I have heard back from our development team, and it sounds like the issue you experienced here should now be resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Please let me know in this thread if you continue to experience issues or have further questions.