Skip to main content
Solved

"@all" is not working when I try to comment to all collaborators

• 8 August 2024
  • 6 replies

I am using “@all” to try to communicate to 5 collaborators I’ve invited into a Lucidchart.  Unfortunately, none of them are being notified via email like they do when I use @firstname.lastname.

Can someone help address this?

Just to clarify, you have a document with 5 people, and when you comment on something using the “@all”, or use @ anywhere, they aren’t receiving an e-mail, but they are when you reference them through their name/last name, right? I’m going to try to reproduce right now and report back. Is this a Lucidspark or Lucidchart document? In which place have you been using it?

Hi @Scott C101 

Correction to my previous statement: I initially mentioned that using @all would notify a specific group of 6 collaborators.

However, after further research, I found that @all is not a supported feature in Lucidchart at this time.

In fact, there is no equivalent feature to notify all collaborators simultaneously.

To notify multiple users, you need to mention each individual using the "@" symbol followed by their email address

To learn more - Add comments and assign tasks to collaborators – Lucid

Regards

@Humas1985 

I’m wondering if he is referring to this - I just tried to add some comments with @all, and it’s true it does not seem to send an e-mail, while if you use @person, it sends an email saying - You have new comments in your board, Board Name.

I’m not actually sure if @all is supposed to have an e-mail to notify, or this is a bug, but I could find out more.

@Mirko Bubba and @Humas1985, you are both correct in what I am trying to do, and what I am seeing when I try to perform “@all” in Lucidchart.  It acts as if it will send the notification/email to the collaborators, but they are not receiving an email.  they do receive an email if I specifically @ them by name. 

@Scott C101 Scott, I’ve reported this to the team that works on this area of the product, and filed a bug as this is outside my work area. I’ve set it to high priority, that’s all I can do for now, other than verifying that it looks like a bug on my end too. I’ll try to keep an eye on it and see if I can get you an answer asap. 

Thank you @Mirko Bubba and @Humas1985