Skip to main content

Hi 

I lack flexibility in the working with data linking.

I have created a diagram with blocks with data from an excel file.  Now I have updated the excel file with a new column so I need this information on my existing diagram.

I only see one way of doing so: adding the field in each and every element that is already created.

But this is a lot of work!  

Is there a way to have this setup with more flexibility?

Thanks in advance 

Sara

Hi Sara

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately there is no streamlined way to add a new data column to existing data other than individually as you describe. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our product feedback section? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration and help them plan and prioritize their work.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

For anyone else with more general questions about data linking check out this article: Link Google Sheet Excel or CSV Data To Lucidchart Diagrams

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!

Hi, Sara! Since you’re working with Excel files I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.