Skip to main content

I have a situation in our organization that we have several direct reports that are on different orgazational levles in the org.  What is the best way to display this?  I have tried just shifting the shapes down but they seem to snap back to the oringal space despite having all the settings off.  

Example-

Adam -VP

• Steve - Director (reports to Adam)
  • John- Manager (reports to Adam,  but not as sr as Steve)
  • Mike- Supervisor (Reports to Adam but not as sr as John)

Hi @Abarhan 

The use case is quiet interesting.

Can you try this way and see whether this suits your requirement.

• Begin by selecting the shape representing the highest-ranking individual, Adam, who is the VP.
  • Navigate to the "Properties" panel situated on the right side of the interface.
  • Within the "Rank" section of the panel, designate the rank of Adam as "1".
  • Proceed to select the shape representing the next-level employee, Steve, who holds the position of Director.
  • Assign Steve the rank of "2" within the "Rank" section.
  • Continue this process for John (Manager) and Mike (Supervisor), adjusting their ranks to "3" and "4", respectively.
  • Once all shapes have been assigned ranks, you can finely adjust their positions by dragging them vertically.
  • This way it is all ensures that their relative positions remain together, accurately reflecting their respective organizational levels.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Thanks for your input @Humas1985 and @AlannaSantiago🤗

@Abarhan I would also highly recommend to check out this Community Post, which outlines a workaround allowing for employees on different hierarchal levels to report to the same supervisor. You should be able to play around with this to achieve what you are describing. Hope this helps!

Thank you @Eric R I will see where I can make the work around work but as other users have stated, its less than ideal.  Seems like there should be a “Tier” in the inport template that would allow users to define the tier or level they are on.  Thank you all for your help!