Skip to main content

i inherited a Lucidchart with both vertical and horizontal swim lanes (locked together)
I need to make adjustments but the content within each swim lane does not move automatically as I change content boxes within each lane or expand the swim lanes
Can you point me to the correct training tool to assist with managing these swim lane issues?

Hi Lisa thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I'm happy to help. Content placed within a swimlane automatically magnetizes to the it so that when you move the swimlane as a whole the content moves with it. I've demonstrated this with a combination of vertical and horizontal swimlanes below:

However when resizing and adjusting the width of the swimlanes the content within them remains in place and does not stretch or shrink; this is intentional.

I hope this helps to clarify how swimlanes should behave when editing them! If this behavior is not what you're experiencing please let me know. Any screenshots or recordings you can share would be very helpful for me to understand the issue. 

Finally for a general swimlane resource I recommend this Work with swimlanes article from the Lucidchart Help Center. Please let me know if you have any specific questions after reviewing!

Way off the mark for me. Great detail but far too advanced for this lowender.

Hi Patrick thanks for continuing this thread! We'd be glad to assist with your specific work and what you have questions with. In your other thread here I've responded with introductory resources that might be more helpful as you're getting started in Lucidchart.