Skip to main content
Solved

How to get the folders under "Home" using Rest API

• 27 August 2024
  • 4 replies

Using REST API 

https://api.lucid.co/folders/search

We can get a list of folders. But only the folder of the user are returned (folder and shared folder). We cannot have Teams Folders. More over, we cannot make the distinction between “Shared with me” folders and the folders of the user.

Am I wrong ?

I have try to add "Lucid-Request-As" admin" in the header as indicated in the doc but then I got a 403 Error?

My scope is nevertheless “folder:readonly folder:admin.readonly”

Any help ?

It could be great to get the home root folders “Documents” “Shared with me” and to have the sub folders” “Team folders” and “My documents” of “Documents” folder.

Best regards.

Hi @Michel L, thank you for contributing to the Lucid for Developers Community. We’re currently reviewing the details of your request and will get back to you with more information as soon as possible.

Hi @Michel L ! Apologies for the delayed follow up.

The ability to search for all folders on the account is only available to accounts with our Enterprise Shield add-on. If you do not have Enterprise Shield, it’s expected that this endpoint only returns folders that the authenticated user has access to (either folders shared with them, or folders they own). 

Because of this, you could use the ownedByUsers parameter in another request to distinguish shared folders. Set to true, it will only return folders owned by the authenticated user- so all other folders will be shared ones.

Hope this helps! 

Very strange that we have to pay again as I already have an enterprise account.☹️

Hi Michel, I hear you. To give some context: our standard Enterprise subscription already includes strong security features to protect your data. However, our Enterprise Shield add-on is designed for customers who require an extra layer of advanced security, governance, and compliance controls. Due to the specialized nature of these additional safeguards, there is an extra cost associated with this option, which is common across the industry.