💬 Mentor Monday 4/22/24: What ignites your entrepreneurial spirit? If you had to start a side hustle, what would it be?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

MENTOR MONDAY: What ignites your entrepreneurial spirit? If you had to start a side hustle, what would it be?

✅ Select from the list below or reply with your own.

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have seriously considered starting my own Etsy shop, but not for handmade wreathes or anything like that. I’m not in the same league as people making holiday-themed gnomes and custom wood-carved wedding signs. There are some seriously talented people on Etsy and we are not the same.

I’m talking more basic level.

Kindergarten level.

Hear me out… so I’m pretty good with creating documents, and I’ve made many a .doc in my day. What if I put everything I’ve made in terms of birthday party invitations, funeral programs, resumes, etc. on my store? I make them editable .docs that are downloadable for like $3 each. The store name is something like Delightful Docs.

This is my idea for my side hustle. Feel free to take it and run with it—I can’t seem to make time for it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It is awfully tempting to vote for a consideration of content creation, but I am just simply unsure if I would have enough consistently valuable material to make enough money as a side hustle. Although, one’s trash is another’s treasure? 🤷

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Ashtyn C Have you ever thought about becoming a Canva Creator: https://www.canva.com/creators/. Perhaps that would be a stepping stone? I haven’t applied for the program before, but I know some people who are part of it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I’m self-employed and doing the content creation and consulting thing in the education/tech space. I’m enjoying it so much!! I’m still not entirely sure what I want to do long-term; I loved teaching and miss it a lot, but I am enjoying the opportunity to work with adults (teachers/administrators) and tech companies at the moment. It’s a new type of growth for me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I would choose consulting on business excellence because it's a sure way to earn some extra cash. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

When I was in high school and college, I used to tutor students in statistics and English, so if I had a side hustle, I think I would revert back to helping students with those topics. Particularly, I enjoy helping people with their resumes, so I think that would be a great avenue for me. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I recently started a new hobby using drone, so it would be great to find a way to sell videos/photos i.e to hotels, realtors etc. Once I get better at video editing of course. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’d like to create some kind of course for ‘Working in a business’ to help people pick up the skills to work and collaborate with colleagues every day. I often see some basic things (ways to write emails, understanding when an email could have been a quick chat, how to visualise things to help conversation / collaboration etc) that could be more efficient in the workplace. I was never given this training early in my career but think I’ve gained a lot of experience to share. 

Badge

I would choose consulting on business excellence because it's a sure way to earn some extra cash. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’m already started! I was thinking that apart form the main role in IT operations I have started to train group on mini-trampoline jimping! and I do enjoy both jibs of mine as they complement each other.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would love to buy about an acre of land and start growing peonies and other flowers. Set up a pop-up flower shop once they bloom early summer and make enough money to provide me fun money for the rest of the year!