Skip to main content

During our Lately @ Lucid launch, we introduced several new features to help teams get better aligned—but since team alignment can be such a complex issue, we wanted to provide some additional tips!

Teams might experience challenges with:

• Spending too much time getting team members on the same page
  • Relying on meetings to reach alignment
  • Using too many different tools
  • Finding relevant project information

To solve these challenges, try the following strategies:

1. Use visuals to create a shared understanding (Lucid features like quick diagramming and generate a diagram can make this process very quick!).
  2. Determine whether a meeting is really necessary to relay information and use asynchronous collaboration where it isn’t.
  3. Look for opportunities to standardize your tech stack.
  4. Use Lucid integrations to connect your team’s various systems.
  5. Create a single source of truth using team hubs.

Where have you struggled with team alignment? How have you used Lucid to get everyone on the same page?

We’d love to hear from you and solve these challenges together. 🙌

@shannon Thank you for sharing this! This is awesome!

One of the biggest struggles for us in a globally distributed environment is making assumptions about what we are trying to achieve. Coming from so many different cultures and perspectives, we all approach problems a little differently. I use tip #1 for some of the most impactful project roadmaps down to the smallest tasks. Pulling out of everyone’s heads onto a whiteboard is extremely valuable!

Hi @shannon 

Thank you for the insights shared at the Lately @ Lucid launch. The new features are exciting and hold great promise for improving team alignment. As team alignment is indeed a multifaceted challenge, I definitely appreciate the additional tips provided.

Some specific challenges we've encountered are:

• Over-reliance on meetings for alignment.
  • Juggling multiple tools.
  • Difficulty in locating relevant project information.

To address these challenges, we are implementing the following strategies:

• Leveraging Lucid's quick diagramming and auto-generation features to create shared visual representations and streamline understanding.
  • Assessing the necessity of meetings and opting for asynchronous collaboration whenever possible to save time.
  • Identifying opportunities to streamline our tech stack for more efficient operations.
  • Utilizing Lucid's integrations to seamlessly connect our various systems and improve workflow.
  • Establishing team hubs to create a centralized source of truth, making project information easily accessible.

One of the biggest struggles for us in a globally distributed environment is making assumptions about what we are trying to achieve. Coming from so many different cultures and perspectives, we all approach problems a little differently. I use tip #1 for some of the most impactful project roadmaps down to the smallest tasks. Pulling out of everyone’s heads onto a whiteboard is extremely valuable!

I love that! That reminds me of a cartoon from Jeff Patton that we refer to a bunch around Lucid: Even after a conversation, team members might not be fully aligned. Visuals help clarify what each team member is thinking.

Going to borrow to share with my team! Very relevant.