Personal projects support professional ones

• 3 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I use Lucid every day in my job and it’s an essential part of helping me to explain projects and processes to clients. However I also use it for small personal projects. 

Although that may seem ‘frivolous’, I actually find that it enables me to really refine HOW i use the platform and supports me in making designs and diagrams much more quickly. If I was to do that just on ‘work’ projects, it would be under a lot more pressure. 

So I suggest you pick something you’re interested in and create something visual that helps you to explain it to someone else. You’ll definitely find that it helps you when creating work projects. 

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I love this, Leo! If you’re willing to share, I would love to hear an example of a personal project you’ve used Lucidchart or Lucidspark for. I’ve done the same and have found it so helpful - one example of something I’ve done personally is building out a rough itinerary for a trip to Italy.

I’m not always this organized of a traveler, but it helped me to visualize where I have free time around things that we had to purchase tickets for, etc.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Party menu planning in Lucidspark

Something that I have started using Lucidspark for is planning menus/food for gatherings. If I’m cooking the whole meal myself I like to use it to brainstorm ideas and once I’ve chosen, keep all of the recipes straight and visualize the meal. If it’s more of a potluck style meal where multiple people will be bringing dishes, having everyone add what they are planning to bring onto the board helps us choose cohesive dishes and find where we might have gaps. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Glad to hear it @Micah - Love the trip planning! This is something I created recently. The timetable that my daughter’s school gave her was almost unreadable… so it was really hard for her to get to the right place (at the right time).

School timetable

The only problem now is that I’ve had requests for the same thing from some of her friends! 😅

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Love your Leo Barnes explains blockbuster movie franchises!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Love your Leo Barnes explains blockbuster movie franchises!

Aww, thanks @Bryan S. - I need to work on a new one this spring / summer! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It really would be something (+ quite nice) to utilize Lucid during every day activities. Could imagine this would be useful on date night, assigning household tasks, or even what type of animal to purchase! Hopeful for some more of the crossover into the personal aspects where Lucid is still very useful!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

A friend and colleague of mine is using Lucid to book a trip around Italy this summer. They have a big map and have placed sticky-notes and arrows to show where they are going. Plus have added links to points of interest on the way. It looks amazing!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Leo Barnes I love that! I think it’s so great to use both for final documentation, and to work out your thoughts along the way. For me, it’s nice sometimes to “brain dump” or just keep a running collection of tidbits and ideas. That way, you don’t have to try to remember every little detail and it more naturally starts to take shape!