Skip to main content

I’d like to include a frame(s) of content giving newbies to Lucidspark the very basics on how to get started on the board. I’m specifically interested in Lucidspark. This will be placed before the main board content, so for someone perhaps coming to Lucidspark for the very first time, they’ll have some hand-holding to get comfortable. Just some instruction on navigation, toolbars, simple editing and formatting.

Is there a template anywhere with content like this for a Lucidspark board? I’ve seen a few Getting Started videos which are good, but I want this content displayed right on the board. Thanks. 

Hi @AdamMiller 

While Lucidspark doesn't have a built-in "Getting Started" template directly on the board for first-time users, you can create a custom frame to introduce the basics. Here's a suggestion for how you could lay it out:

Frame 1: Welcome to Lucidspark!

• Navigation Basics
    Use your mouse or trackpad to click and drag around the board. You can zoom in and out using the scroll wheel or pinch gesture on your trackpad. The minimap in the bottom right corner can help you quickly navigate large boards.

Frame 2: Toolbars Overview

• Left Toolbar (Tools)
    • Selection Tool: Click this to select and move objects.
    • Shapes and Lines: Add shapes, lines, arrows, and connectors to your board.
    • Sticky Notes: Drop virtual sticky notes to jot down ideas quickly.
    • Text Box: Click to add text anywhere on the board.
    • Images and GIFs: Add images or GIFs to your board for visualization.

Frame 3: Simple Editing and Formatting

• Editing Objects

• To resize, click and drag the corners of any object.
    • To rotate, click the rotation handle at the top of the object.
    • To delete, select the object and hit "Delete" or right-click and choose "Delete."
  • Formatting

• You can change text size, color, or font by selecting the text and using the toolbar at the top.
    • Shapes and sticky notes can also be customized with different colors and text inside them.

Frame 4: Collaboration Tools

• Collaboration:
    • Use the chat feature to talk with your team in real-time.
    • Try the comment feature to leave notes on specific items.
    • Explore the @mention feature to tag people in comments or tasks.

Frame 5: Exporting and Sharing Your Board

• Export Options:
    • You can export your board as an image, PDF, or copy it to another Lucidspark file.
    • Click the "Share" button at the top to invite others to collaborate.

This content can be laid out in separate frames on your Lucidspark board, giving new users a hands-on guide before they dive into your main board content. You could also explore Lucidspark templates for similar ideas and customize them further.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ria