Skip to main content

Trying to embed a LucidChart in SharePoint and when I go to select my document, I get an error “you need sharing permissions in order to embed this document” and I can’t select the document. The share settings on the document show that I have Edit & Share. I’m on a Team plan. 

Hi @sheller 

Can you please confirm that - you are the designated owner of the document?

Do you see any SharePoint embed limitation in your workplace?

Though it is not fully relevant - you will get some idea on this topic by referring this post - Not able to access shared document | Community (lucid.co)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

@Humas1985  - I am not the owner, but I have sharing permissions… does the person embedding it need to be the owner? (if so, sure would be nice to have that in the documentation)

I’ve struggled since April to finally get it so I can embed anything. It works for other docs that have been shared with me. 

I’m able to open and edit the documents that I’m having trouble with, so access isn’t an issue.

Thanks!

Hi @sheller 

Generally, you do not need to be the owner of the document to embed it.

I sense this is document specific issue, can you try making a copy of this document and try to embed?

Just to clarify, when embedding works for other docs, are those Lucidchart files shared with you by someone?

Regards

Once I made a copy of it, and it was under my documents and no longer shared w/me, I’m able to embed. 

And the first test that worked - yes, that was also a shared document. When I look at the share settings of that one vs my original, they look the same. My original didn’t have the “Shareable link” turned on, but turning that on hasn’t changed anything. 

The doc I was able to embed wasn’t linked to a data set, while my original one was. But after making a copy of the original, its still linked to a data set and now can be embedded. 

I agree that its likely something specific to the document, but what? 

@sheller - Lets wait for the community associates to pitch in and they will get us the best plan as next steps. as this is really a new situation we are into.

Regards