Skip to main content

Starting last week all of my files no longer export successfully to PDF. when opening in Adobe Pro or Adobe Reader I get an error in Adobe that ‘An error exists on this page. Please contact the person wo created the document to correct the problem.’ All files exported successfully before last week and now none do. I have tried incognito mode for Chrome without success. Cleared cache etc as well. Edge browser does not export successfully either. PDF displays fine in a webview but not the adobe app. no update was made to adobe as far as I know. Nobody else on my team is having the issue.

When I have someone copy and paste designs from my Lucid into their own workspace, they receive the same error but can still export their own documents with PDF.

Hi @Cory M , thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I believe you have identified a bug, and I have reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix. Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

Hi Amelia,

I am having the same issue that Cory reported.  Interestingly, it does not appear that this is occurring on all of my documents.  Of course, the one that I need is the one that it’s happening with.😆

Hi @darren frank, thanks for adding to this thread! Currently, this appears to be a bug with Adobe Acrobat and our dotted lines. Are you able to use Chrome and/or adjust your dotted lines to be solid if you have any dotted lines in your diagram? 

Hi Amelia,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I went back and made my line solid, but I’m still getting the error message.  Previously, I would see part of my drawing with several parts missing, now the page is entirely blank other than my title block.

I was able to use Chrome to print my drawing to send to the techs in the field, but it cuts off the edges, so it’s not something I can distribute beyond field techs.

Let me know if you have any further suggestions.

Thanks again!

Hi @darren frank, thanks for letting me know, I apologize that workaround wasn’t helpful for you. I would recommend using Chrome for the time being, and then refer to Export Your Lucid Documents for more information on how to adjust settings to ensure that the edges of your document are not cut off while our developers continue to work on this issue.

Same issue. An engineer of mine made all the lines solid and one of my designs worked on his MAC. I am in Windows and it does not work. I am also converting to open with Adobe Pro V 24.003.20112 64bit. I tried defaulting to a previous version before 09/10/2024 but dont think I can on a work laptop.

update: Actually never mind, changing all lines to solid did work. I may have missed a line on my first attempt. This is great for now but will be very excited for a fix soon.

Hi @Cory M, thanks for adding that context! I’m glad to hear that converting your dashed lines to solid lines work for you. Stay tuned for an update on this thread!

Well, today is a new day!  I tried again and it worked - dotted lines and all!🤷🏼

Hi @darren frank, I’m glad to hear that!  I have heard back from our development team, and it sounds like a fix was released this morning, so the issue you and other users experienced should now be resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

If any other users continue to experience this issue or have further questions, please add to this thread!