Quickly Create Word Sorts with Visual Activities and AI

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Words sorts are great, but they can be a pain to create, share, and grade.  Lucid makes this process so much easier for teachers and students!  Use a ready made template or quickly update the sorting template using Lucid’s AI to generate new words for your sort.  Follow these quick steps to get started, check out a few sorting templates, and then share with the group how you are using Lucid to make sorting activities easier in your classroom.

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge

I love sorts and hate how many copier clicks it steals from me!  This is such an easier way to do it and I can save some paper for other things (whoops, whoop!).  Earlier this year we were learning about animal classifications, so I used this sorting activity as a quick way to see who is understanding what we were learning.  Here is a view-only you can duplicate if you want your own copy.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

I love the basic visual activity sorting template.  It’s so easy to update it and I recently made this to practice latin roots.  Here is the view-only link in case you want to make your own copy of it to use with your students.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I love these examples and ideas!

Question: is it possible to add color with Visual Activities like this? For example, if I place a sticky in the “short a” column, the sticky would turn pink. If I place a sticky in the “long e” column, the sticky would turn green. Using colors when sorting in categories can be helpful, so I was just wondering if there’s a way to mash those ideas using Visual Activities.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Stacey R Visual activities doesn’t have that feature, but you can do something close to this with conditional formatting in Lucidchart.  Here is some information on it.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Vanessa C101 SWEET! I had learned about conditional formatting in Lucidchart in one of the training modules I participated in a while back, but I never made anything myself with it. This was super, Vanessa. I love conditional formatting in general, so this makes me happy :)

PS: Slide 4&5 are the same in that presentation. I think the advanced formulas video is missing. Thank you!!

Userlevel 4
Badge

This looks cool!  But, I was looking at my board options and your directions… I don’t seem to have a ‘generate ideas’ tab.  Is that something that’s being rolled out to different users?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

All district education account users should have access to this feature.  This needs to be turned on by your district administrator.  If you reach out to them, then should be able to get it turned on for you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

All district education account users should have access to this feature.  This needs to be turned on by your district administrator.  If you reach out to them, then should be able to get it turned on for you!

Awesome - thank you!