Skip to main content

Hello,

Is it a regular way to add connection point to image or shape ?

Romu

HI @romubdlp, it’s not currently possible to create default connection points on shapes - we’d love to hear more about how this specific feature would be useful to your work if you’re willing to share more via this thread. However, it is possible to position your line connection point anywhere on your shape simply by clicking and dragging the line endpoint along the shape border wherever you’d like it!

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Hello,

Is it a regular way to add connection point to image or shape ?

Romu

Not a regular way but you can put another shape like a block with the corners placed where you want the line to connect over your image, connect a line to the block corner and send the shape to the back and group the shape with your image.

@mwetz78 Thanks for sharing this great workaround!

Feature is a necessity for creating accurate network diagrams. I speak for many people when i say we would love to see this feature in Lucid!

@Goran.Ljubicic Thank you for adding your voice to this request, much appreciated!

This is the missing feature that keeps sending me back to Visio.   I really dont want to use Visio anymore.   Please promote this feature request!

@btravan Thanks for your feedback! Please make sure to upvote this request if you would like to see it in the product!

Seems that grouped objects (two existing shapes grouped) do not have line connections.

I have wanted this for YEARS as a customer of lucid chart.  I do video production and need to make signal path diagrams for all kinds of AV equipment and I have wanted to make equipment templates that have inputs and outputs exact to the equipment hardware.  I can’t believe Lucid is even ASKING why this is needed.  I’ve seen hundreds of posts asking for it.  Honestly this single feature would make lucid on par with far more venerable diagramming apps.

Interestingly I’ve found that if I import a Visio diagram with objects that contain extra connection points that I have added, those connection points are retained and I can glue a line to them

I had added 12 extra connection points to a circle in a Visio diagram and then imported that into LC
I can even adjust the angle of incidence to one of these connection points

Does this mean that Visio can effectively create custom shapes for LC or am I mising some way of adding connection points to LC chapes?

Hi @Colin Foster, thanks for this comment! This is a very interesting workaround. Creating custom connection points is still not formally supported in Lucidchart, but we have invested extensively in our integration with Visio so that imported objects remain as functional and high fidelity as possible. We’re interested in hearing if you have continued success with this!