Skip to main content

Dear lucid team,

I am building a tool to import diagrams from external systems using Standard Import. It is quite easy to create shapes and link them to each other. However, the obvious challenge is arranging the diagram (especially a complex one) to make it readable.

So, one approach is to calculate all shapes and line positions using some algorithm like ELK. Well, this is quite a task. Another approach is to use Auto Layout → Hierarchy action in Lucid App. I discovered that lucid can call custom editor extension after Standard Import step (like upon first diagram opening), which offers more flexibility. But unfortunately, it cannot access the Auto Layout action (with the Hierarchy option being the most useful). Therefore, my suggestion and “wish” for the Lucid SDK developers is to make this feature accessible at the client or document level. It would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks

Hi, thanks for this idea! We encourage anyone else who’s interested in this to upvote this post and share any additional details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. For more information about how we manage feedback in this community, please take a look at this post: