💬 Fun Friday 5/3/24: You’re stuck in an airport for 8 hours. How do you pass the time?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

FUN FRIDAY: You’re stuck in an airport for 8 hours. How do you pass the time?

âś… Select from the list below or reply with your own.

Comments

Userlevel 3
Badge

If I had to stay at the airport, then I would probably do some combination of all and/or catch up on work if I had my work laptop with me. Airport Lounges are also a great alternative to enjoy long waits a bit better.

Ideally though, I would try to go into the city if the airport is not to far out, I had an 8 hours layover in Brussel once, and was able to go into the city, see some sights, get some Belgian waffles and lunch before returning back into the airport. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

If I was stuck at an airport for 8 hours, I imagine I would do a lot of laps around the airport, grab something to eat, read, and probably binge something on Netflix. I have difficulty staying still, so I’d have to do a combination of things!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

If these 8 hours in the airport was a result of flight delay(s), I would absolutely be doing all of the above in a lounge! For comfort, of course, but it is too hard to decide on just one thing to do! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I'd most likely listen to music on Spotify or play some games.

Badge

I’m the same as @hedinn  - if I had 8 hours straight and could get good transit into the city, I would absolutely try and sightsee for a bit. Especially if I could check my luggage in advance so I wouldn’t have to schlep any big bags around before my flight!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I’d be doing some drawing. I love to draw but rarely get much time to do it. So I’d focus on a really detailed piece and the time would fly by. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Pretend I don’t have wifi and get some work done (usually writing or preparing presentations)! I’m good at blocking out background noise at places where I don’t know the people around me, and getting into a focused zone of work distracts me from the frustration :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I would definitely sit with my private Lucid Chart space and update board of actual team tasks

Userlevel 3
Badge

If it is a city with a close enough downtown, I’d probably hop out of the airport for a bit and explore. Otherwise I’ll see if I can leverage a credit card and pop up in a lounge for a while, soak up all the free food!

Userlevel 2
Badge

If I could only do one thing, it would be read a book!  So far this year I’m at 46… it may be an obsession!  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Depends on the airport. Say, if i’m stuck in Changi, then probably most of my time will be spent “lingering” around - as you know, Changi has a lot to offer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Last time I was stuck at the airport for 8 hours, I went to Universal Studios.  Best decision!

Badge

Just scrolling social media and staying updated on the latest trends is one of my best ways to pass time, so it is definitely what I’m going to do