šŸ’¬ Fun Friday 5/17/24: Which classic sci-fi movie technology do you wish existed today?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

FUN FRIDAY:Ā Which classic sci-fi movie technology do you wish existed today?

āœ… Select from the list below or reply with your own.

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Iā€™ve got to go with the flux capacitor for time travel. I would go back in time and see my parents meet each other in 4th grade. I would tell my dad to have enough confidence to ask her out and not wait until he is 15. I would tell my mom that yes, he is short, but thatā€™s only because he is young for his grade. He will grow, give him time. I would tell him to drink his milk to he can grow faster.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

This was a hard decision! But, I would have to choose the neuralyzer from ā€œMen in Blackā€. Canā€™t seem to remember why though. šŸ¤” šŸ™ƒĀ 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Definitely the Flux Capacitor! Partly because itā€™s from the finest movie ever madeā€¦ but also because Iā€™d like to go back to 80ā€™s Los Angeles (I know itā€™s for time travel and not space but Iā€™d happily take a flight over at 1980 prices). Not sure why but I feel like that place and time would be a good fit for me. Far out!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I have to go with the Flux Capacitor for time travel, too. Funny timing for this question, as I just finished readingĀ The Book of DoorsĀ last night (I wonā€™t give any spoilers, but there was definitely some interesting discussion on time travel in the book!).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Lol @Ashtyn CĀ  you are hilariousĀ šŸ˜†

Iā€™d go with the neuralyzer from "Men in Black".Ā Ā Imagine never having to endure the awkwardness of forgetting someone's name, erasing the memory of your latest embarrassing dance moves at the office party, or simply making all those cringe-worthy moments disappear with a flashy little light šŸ¤£.

Userlevel 3
Badge

This was a tough choice indeed. Being a Star Wars fan lightsaber was my first thought, but that would not really be of much use, since there are no Jedi to fightā€¦Ā I mean sith.Ā 

So time travel it is!Ā Ā I chose that since I could use that to check out some favorite moments in history, perhaps meet some historical figures! I might also go back in time and convince my parent to get som Apple, Microsoft and other stocks that skyrocketed years later.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

As a huge Harry Potter fan, I would love to see the invisibility cloak come to life! I feel like a lot of law enforcement agencies would love to borrow it to be a fly on the wallšŸ˜‚

Userlevel 2
Badge

The replicator would save me so much time making dinner!Ā 

Userlevel 2
Badge

This was a hard decision! But, I would have to choose the neuralyzer from ā€œMen in Blackā€. Canā€™t seem to remember why though. šŸ¤” šŸ™ƒĀ 

It was hard not to laugh out loudā€¦Ā I needed more than a like button; I need a laughing emoji, here you go!Ā šŸ˜‚

Userlevel 2
Badge

Invisibility cloak + pranking your friends / colleagues = possibilities are endless! haha

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

A real hoverboard would be pretty cool.

Badge

There are better technologies than the ā€œinvincibility cloakā€ in Harry Potter but this movie is one of my all-time favorites so I just had to vote for it, plus the invincibility cloak isnā€™t bad. Iā€™d disappear and spy on my team to see what their doing when Iā€™m not aroundĀ šŸ˜ƒ

Badge

I gotta go with replicators from Star Trek. Imagine a world where we no one would ever have to worry about hunger. Where everyone can have access to nutritious food that meets their health needs. We wouldnā€™t be destroying our forests for more farmland or putting chemicals in to our waterways from runoff.Ā 

Badge

This one is hard! Iā€™m not familiar with all the movies, but Iā€™ve got to go with the memory implant.Ā