Question

Org chart: Issue with Search Tool in Read-Only Mode via Embedded Link

• 18 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Dear Support Team,

I have encountered an issue with the search functionality (using CTRL+F) after sharing a structure through an embedded link and entering the read-only mode (with no editing capabilities). When attempting to use the search tool, the search box appears incomplete, as shown in the attached screenshot below:

Could you please assist in resolving this issue? The incomplete search box significantly hampers the usability of the document in read-only mode, especially when trying to locate specific information quickly.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter and for any guidance you can provide.

Best regards,

Rafał

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @rafalgl, thanks for posting and flagging this. I believe you have identified a bug, and I have reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix. Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

It looks like all functionality of the search box works, except clicking back into the search field after clicking out of it. In this case, simply use Ctrl+F / CMD+F again to enter the search filed again. 

Badge +1

Hi Eric,

That's partially correct. The search field does work to an extent; however, it doesn't center the screen on the phrases you're trying to search for. It merely highlights the found phrases.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks for following up! I am unable to reproduce this, when I type a search term into the field in the embedded viewer, it automatically centers on one of the results and let’s me cycle through all results via the arrows: 

If this is not the case for you, could you respond with a recording of what you are seeing? Thanks!

Badge +1

Hey Eric,

Here is the link to the video capturing the malfunctioning search box on lucid.com: https://we.tl/t-7bxvsL5NnJ

Best regards,

Rafał