Images show up on the Org Chart but not showing up when printed or exported to a PDF.

• 11 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I have created an Org Chart and my images are showing up in on my document.  When I go to print the org chart or export to a PDF some of the images are there and some are blank.  The images show up in the preview just not on the print out or exported document

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi Jennifer thanks for posting in the Lucid community - I'm happy to help!

Here are some specific things to check when exporting your document:

• Try the export in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Sometimes issues like this can be related to internet connection speed or network security. Please try the export again on another network ensuring that you are on a strong stable connection.
  • Can you try exporting your org chart as a different file type (such as JPEG or PNG) to see if the issue persists there?

If neither of these tips help would you mind sending me the following details so I can take a closer look at the issue?

• A description of the download settings (document pages cropping quality etc.) that you selected for the download.
  • A screenshot of any error messages or pop-ups that appear when you attempt to export.
  • If possible a screenshot of the issue in the exported document.

If you'd prefer to share that information privately please don't hesitate to submit it along with the URL to the document in question via this form and our team would be glad to take a closer look at the issue!

Badge

I am having the some issue: 

In lucid chart.

Printed PDF has no image:

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @geoffbaker, thanks for continuing this thread, and apologies for the trouble! Can you please try the three troubleshooting steps listed in the first have of my previous response and let me know if the issue still persists? This will help us better understand the cause of the issue. Thanks! 

Badge

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue. I tried exporting in all forms (PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG) and also in incognito browser but the images are still not showing up. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Liz Liauw, thanks for your comment, and my apologies that you’re experiencing this too! Thanks for getting a head start on those troubleshooting steps. Can you try duplicating your document entirely, then exporting that copy? 

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, would you please provide me with a document access support PIN for your org chart? This is for internal use only and will allow me to take a closer look - it doesn’t grant public access to your document, so you can share it directly in this thread. Thanks for your help and patience! 

Badge

@Micah thank you for your quick response. I tried duplicating it and it’s still not working.

Here’s the document access support PINs: Zp4ySloAoHyo & 6LvlFBMJYMfl

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi Liz, thanks for getting back to me. I’ve taken a look, and I was able to reproduce this issue with your document. I believe this is a bug, and I’ve reported this to our development team. I am so sorry for the trouble, and I’ll be sure to let you know as soon as I have an update to share via this thread. As a workaround in the meantime, I would recommend trying images from a different source, such as linked from your Google Drive or another public site. One way to test whether your URLs are public is to paste them into a private or incognito browsing window to see if you can view them.

We will update this thread as soon we have more information!