Question

Height of Org Chart departments

• 16 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, 

In Lucidchart, while creating an Orgchart, when i increase the height of a department, it creates a gap in the next departments. How can i avoid this? 

In other words, when i increase the height of Sales and Marketing boxes (in this case; a and b), c increases automatically (comparing to d). 

I would like to keep c the same with d. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @izel, thanks for your post! Unfortunately, this is not possible with Lucidchart’s org chart tool. Lucidchart automatically sets a predetermined buffer between each tier of your org chart based off of the largest shape in that tier in order for employees within the same tier to remain easily visually identifiable. In this case, just as you described, changing or B determines where that buffer is placed for the whole tier. However, we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

However, upon taking a closer look at your screenshot, it appears that this behavior I described above might not be applying correctly. I would expect the farthest right blank employee tile (circled in red) to be slightly lower to be aligned with the other two (circled in blue) along the top edge because they’re all being shifted down by the same buffer space applied to the sales/marketing block. 

I’ve gone ahead and reported this to our development team so they can take a closer look, and I will share any updates via this thread as soon as I’m able! My apologies for the trouble and inconvenience. Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.