Solved

Export to Visio - all images missing

• 22 January 2024
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

i tried to export my Lucidchart to Visio.

But all images are missing in the Viso file.

What i’m doing wrong?

best regards

Mat

icon

Best answer by Micah 29 February 2024, 00:57

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@matf_va Thanks for this post! If you’re willing, would you mind replying to this email with a screenshot of the issue so I can take a closer look?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Micah 

Thank you! all images are missing in visio

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Thank you! Would you be willing to share a screenshot of the Lucidchart equivalent?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Micah yes

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Thank you so much, I see what you mean. This is definitely not intended! Would you please generate a support PIN for this document and share it in this thread so I can take a closer look? You can share it directly in this thread, as it’s for internal use only and won’t allow public access to your document. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Micah  yes of course - here it is 4Z8k0PENKSAi

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @matf_va, thank you so much! I was able to take a closer look and reproduce the same issue when attempting to export to either type of Visio file - I believe this is a bug, and I’ve reported it to our development team so they can continue investigating. I’m so sorry for the trouble, and I will be sure to let you know via this thread when I have an update!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Micah ! Thank you very much!

Do you know how long will it take to fix it? My subscription is ending soon..

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

HI @matf_va, I’m unfortunately unable to provide a timeline for the resolution, but I assure you I will share an update here in this thread the moment I have one. Apologies again for the inconvenience!

Badge

I’m sorry to drop in here but our corp is also encountering this issue. Is there really no update from engineering on this significant issue after 2 weeks?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @khopkins_RBI, thanks for joining this thread! I unfortunately don’t have a resolution or timeline to share - I’m so sorry for the trouble. I have added your case to the report, and I assure you that I’ll let you know via this thread as soon as I have an update. Can you please let me know if you’re experiencing this with multiple documents or one in particular? 

Badge

Thank you. Any Lucid Chart that contains either PNG or SVG images are affected. These image types are not exported with the remaining images. We are troubleshooting if more image types are affected, and I will provide updates here if we discover more. The only workaround we’ve discovered requires users to export the chart as a SVG instead of Visio and then import the file into Visio but this method requires the user to have a Plan 2 Visio license (Desktop version) for the import to work. This doesn’t help us, but it may others reading this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@khopkins_RBI I appreciate you sharing that workaround and additional information - tremendously helpful!

Badge

UPDATE: Any inserted image type we try including jpeg are not able to be imported into Visio. The Lucid included graphics, lines, and text in Lucid convert fine. 

In Lucid

Exported as Visio (VSDX)

Same chart imported into Visio

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Thank you so much for this confirmation and example!

Badge

Can Lucid roll back whatever change introduced this bug?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@kstephens Thanks for joining this conversation. Our development team is looking into the best solution here, and we’ll keep you informed via this thread!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@kstephens Thank you for your support!
@Micah I hope problem is solved soon! Thank you!

Badge

Hi @Micah, any update or ETA?  This issue is effecting project closures/revenue for us.

Badge

I’m finding the issue still exists. Lucid is not interested in rolling back whatever broke this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi all, sincere apologies here - I am unfortunately not able to provide a timeline for resolution on this, but I assure you this is not intended behavior. I’ve escalated this issue internally and hope to provide an update soon!

Badge +1

This had to be introduced through an update. Is this problem hitting everyone that exports to Visio with external stencils / shapes or is it only a few people? 

Badge

Everyone from what I can tell. Everyone who is putting images into their charts.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi all! Writing with good news - a fix for this has been released into the product and you should be able to export to Visio as expected. Please give this a try and don’t hesitate to let me know via this thread if you continue to experience issues with images being included. 

Badge

YAY THANKS LUCID!