Solved

Change Shape Option Missing

• 21 February 2024
  • 15 replies

Badge +1

I used to be able to right mouse click on a shape in my process flow and change that shape to a different one. Now this option is no longer available. Was it moved? 

icon

Best answer by Micah 21 February 2024, 18:29

View original

Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @madison.blakley, thanks for your post! This is still possible - we’ve recently updated the UI for this feature, and now you can simply click on the change shape icon that appears above your shape when it’s selected.

Give this a try and let me know if you have more questions!

Badge +1

OMG i feel silly lol. Yep that did the trick! Thanks for the quick response!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@madison.blakley Not at all! I’m glad I could help. 🙏🏻

Badge

Sometimes I see this option, and sometimes I don’t. When it’s missing, occasionally refreshing the page will give me the change shape option back. I’m frustrated right now that it’s not showing up, and it seems like my only option is to delete the shape and create a new one in its place.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ladiletta, thanks for posting, and apologies for the trouble! A few questions for you to help me better understand the situation:

•  Does this happen in all documents, or only some? 
  • Do you experience this in brand new documents, or only in pre-existing ones?
  • When you delete the shape and replace it with a new one, does the option consistently appear on the new shape? 
  • If you access a document in which you can reproduce this using an incognito/private window or different browser, do you see the same behavior?

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!  

Badge +1

See below, edited

Badge +1

This is also not working for me on existing shapes. Mousing over the change shape option does not appear, and right clicking there is no change shape option in the menu. The only thing that comes when I mouse over is the option to create a new connected bubble. The only thing I can figure out how to do is make a new shape and swap it in for the old one.  @Micah could you help? Thank you! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@FlyingHorses The ability to change shape should be supported for both new and existing shapes (so long as they belong to a library that has this functionality available.) Would you please provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing and confirm the shape and shape library you’re using?

Badge +1

Shape I want to change is a Terminator. Pretty sure I’m using the

library called Flowchart Shapes/Containers, I didn’t select something else.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@FlyingHorses Thank you so much for your response. Would you be willing to share a document support PIN (Help > Temporary support PIN) for this document so that I can take a closer look? This PIN is for internal use only and doesn’t grant public access to your document, so you can share it directly in this thread. 

Badge +1

IAwLLS04E38V

Badge +1

@Micah would love any help you can give on this challenge. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@FlyingHorses Thank you so much for responding with the PIN, and my sincere apologies for the delayed response. I appreciate your patience while we investigated this further internally. After taking a closer look at your document, it appears that it is either quite old or is using an older template - the “terminator” shape that you’re using has since been deprecated, which is why you’re experiencing this problem. For comparison, if you pull out a new terminator block, you’ll notice how when you resize it the ends stay shaped like a circle, while the original ones on this document stretch.

Can you confirm if this document was either created a long time ago or used a particular template?

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply. I created this document last week. I believe I used the template called Business Process Flow example. Here you can see the terminator shape is still available: 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@FlyingHorses Thank you for that screenshot and additional detail. I’ve been able to reproduce this issue using that template, and I believe you’ve discovered a bug where this template does in fact still contain this deprecated “terminator” shape, which is different from the new, functional one that you can add to your canvas from the “Flowchart” shape library. I’ve reported this to our development team so that they can correct this in this template and others which contain this shape. I will also be sure to let you know via this thread when I have an update here. 

Unfortunately, in this case, I believe the most efficient way to continue your work is to manually replace existing terminator shapes in your document with new ones from the Flowchart library. From that point on, you’ll be able to use the “Change Shape” ability as intended. Unfortunately, this ability won’t be available with the deprecated version in the template. I am so sorry for the trouble and inconvenience - please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns about this!